I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award… Thanks Julie for the nomination. Julie is a fellow blogger, check out her blog at Another Day with Julie . She has a great blog covering all different types of topics: cooking, crafts, movie reviews, etc… Thanks again Julie!
Here are the answers to the 11 questions asked of me. I hope they offer a little more insight about who I am.
1) What is your favorite movie of all time? I don’t think I can say there is one move that is my all-time favorite. I do have a few though that when I catch on television while searching for something to watch I will stop and watch them regardless of how many times I have seen them and they are: Shawshank Redemption, Dirty Dancing, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Benny & Joon, Any Fast & Furious movie (well, except for 2 Fast 2 Furious & Tokyo Drift), & The Wedding Date.
2) What do you enjoy about blogging? There’s a lot of things I enjoy about it. I have always enjoyed writing and having a blog gives me the ability to write more than I normally would be able to and it pushes me to try different things to blog about. Be it a new craft, jewelry technique or the latest baking craze.
3) How many languages do you speak and what are they? I speak two languages, English & Spanish.
4) Where is your favorite place that you have traveled to? Keuka Lake. It’s in upstate New York. Almost ten years ago some good friends and I rented a house on the lake up there and we spent the week visiting wineries and exploring the small towns surrounding the lake. I was supposed to go to Europe this past year and take a cruise that included stops in a few different countries but unfortunately it has been indefinitely postponed due to the pandemic.
5) If you could invite 2 famous people to dinner (dead or alive) who would they be? I honestly don’t have an answer to this one.
6) Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? No, I do not make resolutions. All I hope for is that when the new year comes to an end and we are about to start another one that life is just as good or better than what it was when it started. Everyday is an opportunity to start something new or make a change, you don’t need January 1st to do that.
7) What is your favorite blog post? It’s actually one that had nothing to do with baking or crafting. It was about the new sofa I had purchased for my living room – The Sofa – and a close second is my blog post about the remodel I did in my living room last year – Living Room Remodel
8) What book are you currently reading? Unfortunately nothing right now. But, I do have one on my bookshelf waiting for me – The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty. It’s a few years old but I picked it up on one of my visits to Barnes & Noble and just haven’t gotten to it. I used to read a book a week and would visit Barnes & Noble weekly to keep my bookshelf stocked.
9) What is your favorite recipe? Anything that I can recall from memory that my parents used to make. And if it tastes just like their’s that’s even better.
10) Do you prefer cats or dogs? I am a dog person all the way!
11) Any words of wisdom for the New Year? With everything going on in the world find one thing every day to be grateful for and/or to make you smile/laugh. It goes a long way… trust me. Oh, and wear a mask!